Metal Roofing Near Me – Find the Best Contractor!
Feb 3, 2019
As you look for metal roofing near me that’s the ultimate fit, you have several factors to consider. Primarily, you need find a reliable, insured contractor. Next, decide why you should get a metal roof. Finally, you need to review your options. Xterior LLC has advice for all of the above!
Top 8 Reasons to Get a Metal Roof
1. LongevityA question we often hear is “will my metal roof last forever?” Compared to shingles, it may certainly feel like forever. In fact, copper roofs can last for hundreds of years. Similarly, steel or aluminum last for 50 years and often beyond.
2. ProtectionNot only do metal roofs protect your home against hurricane-force winds, they shield your home from other weather woes. Made from solid sheets, they ensure leaks are virtually non-existent. Additionally, they shed ice and snow which adds another layer of weather protection.
3. Fire-ResistantFurthermore, metal does not catch fire like some asphalt or cedar shake roofs. If flames were to erupt, having one less flammable material on your home is safer. Better yet, if for some reason lightening were to strike, metal dissipates the electricity. In a sense, it acts as a Faraday cage.
4. LightweightEven though metal roofing materials are tough and durable, they are also lightweight. This means less strain on your home’s structure. Notably, this is especially important for older houses.
5. Energy-EfficientSince metal roofs actually reflect sunlight, they are cooler than non-metal roof homes. In fact, this lowers your cooling needs in the summer.
6. SustainableMost of the metal that goes into a metal roof consists of recycled materials. Likewise, old metal roofs are 100% recyclable.
7. Low-MaintenanceSince you can simply rinse off a metal roof with water, it’s very easy to maintain. Also, you needn’t worry about asphalt shingles breaking or blowing off.
8. Resale ValueCertainly, having a quality roof aids in the resale value of your home. Obviously, this is a benefit to you and a perk for a future homeowner.
Metal Roof TypesUltimately, the diversity of metal roof options is another top reason to get a metal roof. First, they come in a variety of materials. Aluminum, copper and steel are the most popular. While steel tends to be the most frequently used, it can corrode. Notable, galvanized steel is not your best bet if you live in a coastal area. However, aluminum is a fraction of the price of less corrosive copper and sufficiently survives salt spray. By the same token, styles and colors are versatile. With over 20 color choices, it’s easy to find the perfect match to complement your house. Style options include the look of slate, clay, cedar shake or even asphalt. Although, if you prefer asphalt roofing, there are now an abundance of options in that material as well. One of the main advantages of asphalt roofing is the price. It is not as expensive up-front as metal. However, its life expectancy is shorter – usually 20+ years versus the 50+ years for a metal roof.
Finding the Best Contractors for Metal Roofing Near MeWhen choosing the best metal roofing near me you need to find experienced professionals. Also, you need assurance that they use the newest techniques to install your top-grade roof. An improperly installed roof invalidates warranties. Fortunately, Xterior LLC’s warranties cover materials as well as labor. Plus, we are fully insured. This is our way of protecting you and providing peace of mind during the entire installation process. Additionally, it’s important to find an installer with experience in uniquely shaped homes. Metal roofs require a bit more skill to install than shingles. Unlike shingles with small shapes, they come in sheets. Therefore, you need an expert who knows how to properly place these large pieces. In addition to installation expertise, contractors should provide the best materials available. At Xterior LLC, we use high-quality fasteners to prevent the leaks that cheap fasteners create. Moreover, we use silicone gaskets instead of rubber. Since rubber eventually dries out, it will allow water to get in. Finally, we install high-quality vent boots and seal metal roofing with closure strips. Many contractors ignore the latter step. Unfortunately, this leaves your roof susceptible to moisture, wind and insects. Furthermore, it’s helpful to have financing options. Xterior LLC offers:
- 100% Financing
- Interest as low as ZERO Percent
- Monthly investment as low as $58