Metal Roofing Asheboro NC Homeowners Love – Why Metal?
Jul 5, 2019
With the right metal roofing Asheboro NC company, you can give your home a stunning new look. As an added bonus, a new roof actually increases your home’s value. If you are hoping to sell, a new roof helps in that department too. But is metal the right material for your home? At Xterior LLC, we have experience installing new roofs, and metal roofing is becoming increasingly popular. Asphalt may still be the most common roof material, but it isn’t the best choice for all homeowners. At one time, metal was a limiting material, but this has changed. Today, metal is an option all homeowners should consider when installing a new roof. Let’s talk about the pros and cons of metal installation to determine if it is right for you.
Advantages of Metal Roofing Asheboro NC Residents Should KnowFirst, let’s dispel a few myths about metal. When installed properly…
- Metal will not rust or quickly deteriorate. In fact, metal roofs last longer than asphalt roofs. They are resistant to insects, rot, and mold, which can cause damage to other materials.
- You don’t have to spend much time or money maintaining a metal roof. It looks great with very little work!
- Having a metal roof installation does not increase the likelihood of a lightning strike. Metal conducts energy, but the roofs do not attract it. Actually, metal can be safer since some roof materials like wood will catch fire if lightning strikes.
- The acoustic difference with a metal roof is not noticeable in most cases. In other words, you won’t be struggling to hear your TV when it’s raining.
- These roofs are energy-efficient and reflect the sun, which saves on utility bills in the summer.
- One of the reasons they have become popular lately is the recognition that metal roofs are recyclable, so will never end up in a landfill.
- Due to the long lifespan of a metal roof, it will add more value to your home when it comes time to sell. Buyers know that they may never have to replace the roof.