High Point Roofing – Colder Weather on the Horizon
Aug 11, 2018
Summer is a great time to start preparing your home for the cooler months. The first place to start is with your roof. Much of a home’s heat is lost through an old and damaged roof. This is because heat rises and easily escapes through holes, cracks and poor insulation. The trained technicians at Xterior LLC. will assess your current roof’s condition and replace it if needed. Anyone with High Point roofing needs should contact them for cold weather prepping.
When Do I Need a New Roof?
- Shingles are missing
- Edges of shingles are curling
- There are cracked and damaged shingles
- Asphalt shingle roof is 20 to 25 years old or older
- Moss growing on the roof shingles
- Gutters filled with shingle granules
- Seeing daylight through the roof boards or moisture in the insulation
- Water leaking into the house (this demands immediate action or major structural damage can occur)