Wilmington Roofing Contractors and Expert Advice
Feb 4, 2020
Looking for Wilmington roofing contractors? You’ll probably notice that you have more than a few options. Fortunately, the team at Xterior LLC can help you narrow them down! Furthermore, we can also aid you as you consider types of roofing and what fits your home the best.
Shingles vs Metal RoofingInitially, let’s consider your roofing options. After all, that’s why you’re here in the first place. Even if you’ve already decided whether or not you want shingles or metal, it never hurts to have extra information. Therefore, let’s take a brief walk through the benefits of each. Shingles are:
- Easy to Install. Consequently, installation of shingles is sometimes quicker than metal roofs.
- Affordable. Many customers wonder how much a roof costs. Generally, shingles cost less than metal roofs.
- Versatile. Not only do they work well on steeply-sloped structures, they are easy to cut, fasten and fit.
- Diverse. Modern asphalt shingles come in a wide variety of colors, sizes and even shapes.
- Simple. Don’t confuse this with basic. By simple, we mean that an asphalt roof does not require specialized accessories for roof edges or vent flashings.
- Long-lasting. A metal roof can last 50 years or more, depending on location and climate. In the end, this is a money-saver as well.
- Durable, Yet Lightweight. Truly, this is a key point. While a metal roof is tough, it is also lightweight. Thus, it won’t put excessive strain on your home’s structure.
- Fire and Wind Resistant. In addition to resisting fire, when properly installed, a metal roof can withstand hurricane-force winds. Especially, this is critical in the Wilmington roofing area and along the NC coast.
- Sustainable. Most of the material that goes into metal is recycled. Better yet, old metal roofs are 100% recyclable.
- Energy-Efficient. Since metal reflects the sun, it keeps your home cooler in the summer. This saves on energy bills and helps the environment.
- Over 45 years of combined home improvement experience in North Carolina
- Family-owned business
- Fully-insured to protect you and your home during the entire process
- Manufacturers’ limited warranties
- Experienced installers with a focus on quality
- 100% Financing options available for qualified buyers
- No money down