Top Statesville Roofing Company Advice for Your New Metal Roof
Are you looking for a Statesville roofing company for your new metal roof? At Xterior LLC, we can help! We have more than 45 combined years of experience in exterior home improvement and are happy to give you our top roof-related advice. Here are our best recommendations regarding metal roofs in North Carolina.
Is Metal Better than Asphalt?
First, many customers have a hard time deciding between metal and asphalt shingles for their home. When it comes to roofing materials, there are pros and cons to each. Our advice is to consider two main things when making your decision:
1. Do you like the look of metal or asphalt?
2. What is your budget for a new roof?
While metal roofing was once very visually unappealing for residential roofing, this is not actually the case today. Metal comes in a variety of colors and textures. Additionally, we can install metal that looks like other materials, such as slate or clay. You can even choose metal roof material that looks like asphalt! So, before you decide you like asphalt shingles better, let us walk you through all of the different style options.
Without a doubt, metal is more expensive upfront. However, did you know that these roofs last longer? Metal naturally stands the test of time better than asphalt. Our team also uses installation techniques to help your roof last longer. We use fasteners with larger screw heads to help the metal stand up to strong winds. Also, we help protect against leaks by using silicone gaskets and high-quality vent boots. Of course, if you choose asphalt, we will also use top-quality installation techniques to help it last as long as possible. An asphalt shingle roof should last approximately 20 years and a metal roof can last more than 50 years.
The exact cost of your roof (metal or asphalt) depends on many variables, such as your home size. For accurate pricing, fill out the form on this page for a free consultation.
Metal Roof Installation Advice
When installing a metal roof, always work with a company that will build a roof to last. Here at Xterior LLC, we will start by removing your old roof and inspecting for damage as we go. Yes, you can install a metal roof over an existing roof, but this is not something we recommend. Often, the layers trap moisture, which is a bad situation for your home. Over time, this moisture can lead to mold growth, rot, and other problems. Learn more about that (and other metal roof myths) from The Spruce.
Any Statesville roofing company should also use metal roofing closure strips during the installation. Unfortunately, many contractors opt to cut corners by not using these strips. However, closure strips prevent leaks, pest infestations and wind damage. The Xterior LLC team never compromises the integrity of our work just to save a few bucks. In the long run, sealing your new roof with these strips could prevent thousands of dollars in damage.
Choosing the Right Statesville Roofing Company – Our Best Advice
Metal is not a DIY roofing material. Even with asphalt roofing, you will get better results if you hire a professional Statesville roofing company with experience. We think we’re the best company for the job, but what makes us right for your project? Here are some of the things that set us apart:
- We’re fully-insured. We protect you from any risk. Moreover, you should not trust any contractor that won’t provide their insurance company information.
- Additionally, we use quality materials without breaking the bank. Our long-term relationships with roofing material companies allows us to provide you with a lower price.
- Since we are an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor, we are able to offer their limited lifetime warranties that are some of the best in the business.
- If budget is a concern, we can help. We have financing options for qualified homeowners, include our no-money-down plans. Furthermore, we offer discounts to military families, teachers, seniors and first responders.
- Always check a contractor’s reviews and ask for references. Here are some reviews left by our customers.
If you’re ready to speak to us about your roof project, contact any of our North Carolina offices to get a free quote. You can also browse our project gallery here to see our recent roofing projects. Or, give us a call at 336-329-3667.