The Best Roofing Contractors Near Me in the Piedmont Triad
Jun 10, 2020
If you’ve been looking for the best roofing contractors near me then your search is over. Xterior LLC is one of the area’s leaders in roofing and much more. They understand that superior customer service is a must. So, for every residential roofing job, they treat each and every customer as though they were family. They know that a good roofer should pay attention to every detail. Part of that commitment means being fully-insured and using only the finest quality roofing materials on each job. With 45 years of combined experience, Xterior is the roofing contractor to get your project done right. In fact, they are proud to be an Owens Corning Roofing Preferred Contractor. That means that they offer some of the best warranties in the business. Plus, they are the professionals that you need for vinyl siding, replacement windows, and deck building as well. So, if you have roofing or other home improvement needs, give them a call today.
How Can You Tell if Your Roof Needs Replacement?Unfortunately, many homeowners wait until they spot a leak in their ceiling to consider a new roof. When this happens, damage can be far more extensive than replacing a roof immediately. Xterior offers several warning signs that might indicate a roof is failing.
- Age—a typical roof lasts 20 to 25 years. However, this is dependent on many factors. So, if your roof is approaching this range, you may need a new roof.
- Shingle curling/buckling—when shingles curl or buckle, they are nearing the end of their life expectancy. A curled or buckled shingle could also mean that the shingle was not installed properly. Be sure to catch this problem early on to avoid further damage from a failing roof.
- Roof valleys—precipitation flows through roof valleys into gutters. So, if they are compromised, they are likely to cause severe problems like leaking.
- Missing shingles—storms can be hard on asphalt shingle roofs. This is particularly true when a roof is getting older. Severe weather can strip old shingles, leaving the roof vulnerable to leaks and other problems.
- Chimney flashing—if your flashing is cement or tar, it may need to be replaced.
- Shingle granules in gutters—asphalt shingles tend to lose more granules as they age. If you find a build-up in gutters or notice inconsistent coloring on the roof, be sure to call Xterior immediately.
- Daylight through roof boards—walking on the roof for feel can give clear indications of problems. But also, seeing daylight coming through the attic or other areas of the home are important signals of problems.
Which Type of Roof is Right for You?Every homeowner wants a quality roof that will last for years to come. But when it comes to roofing needs, every homeowner may have different desires. Some, for example, just want a good, solid roof to replace an old roof. Other homeowners may want the ultimate in durability and energy efficiency. While there are other materials, the most common roofing material choices are asphalt and metal. An asphalt roof, also known as a shingle roof, has been the standard roof for many years. And it’s hard to argue with its popularity. For example, asphalt shingles provide time-honored protection against inclement weather. Plus, they offer a traditional and familiar look that almost everyone appreciates. On top of that, they come in a variety of colors. So, they can fit the style and look of virtually any home. Most importantly, though, asphalt is very affordable. That makes it a popular choice, since repair is also easy and relatively inexpensive. A metal roof offers some of these same benefits and more. In fact, metal roofing offers a level of energy efficiency that asphalt roofs can’t match. Most homeowners with a metal roof save up to 50% off annual energy costs. There is a common misconception that metal keeps a home hotter than usual. While it is true that metal does a better job of keeping in air, this is true of both hot and cold air. So, metal roofing can keep you warmer in the winter and cooler in the hot summer months. Plus, metal also comes in a variety of colors and styles. Xterior offers more than 20 colors, including standard, premium, and custom colors. They even offer options that mimic slate, clay, cedar shake, and even asphalt shingles. So, customers can get all the benefits of metal roofs with more traditional styling.
What’s So Special About a Metal Roof?As described above, there are many benefits to traditional asphalt roofs. But a metal roof offers a number of benefits as well. Metal roofs are gaining popularity for residential projects, after being the preferred roof for commercial buildings for many years. That is mainly because there is a wider choice of styles and colors than in the past. These roofs offer superior durability and energy efficiency. So, if saving money on energy costs is important to you, check out these benefits:
- Durability—one of the biggest benefits of a metal roof is its durability. Mainly, they can withstand the elements and even resist fire for superior protection. Plus, they are better suited to resisting insects and mold than asphalt. That means that most metal roofs last 50 years or even more.
- Cost-Savings—we’ve already mentioned that metal roofs can help save up to 50% off annual energy costs. But that’s not the only cost-savings benefit they offer. For example, metal roofs require little to no maintenance over the life of the roof. Plus, they are environmentally-friendly, since they are made from recycled materials and then can be completely recycled at the end of their service.
- Value—besides offering huge energy efficiency benefits, metal roofs also add value to a home. In fact, new roofs can add as much as the cost of the roof into the value of the home. That means that a new roof is an investment that will pay for itself in no time. Not only that, but a new roof will attract potential buyers and give you the edge over the competition. A metal roof is valued by buyers, since they know that they will not have to replace the roof for many years.