Roofing Contractors Fayetteville NC – Trust the Best
Jul 9, 2018
It would be nice if roofs lasted forever, but we know this just isn’t true. If you live in a house long enough, your roof will probably need a replacement. The good news is that you have several choices when it comes to materials. Expert roofing contractors Fayetteville NC will discuss your options. Then, they will work with you to determine the best solution for your home and your budget.
Two Types of Roofing Materials to Think AboutIf you need a new roof, there are two great materials to consider: asphalt and metal.
Benefits of An Asphalt RoofMany homeowners decide to go with asphalt for their roofs for an assortment of reasons, including:
- Affordability – Asphalt is a cost-effective material. Also, technicians can install these roofs quickly.
- Style – Today, asphalt shingles come in many different colors and shapes and can even replicate tile or wood.
- Toughness – Shingles made of asphalt are strong, can withstand harsh weather and are fire-resistant.
Benefits of A Metal RoofMetal is a familiar sight on office buildings, but lately it is getting much more usage on homes. This is due to its:
- Durability – A typical asphalt roof may last a couple of decades. One made of metal, however, can easily last twice that long, and perhaps for much longer.
- Energy efficiency – Because metal reflects the rays of the sun, it does not retain much heat. This can help keep a home cooler in the summer, which reduces energy consumption from fans and air conditioners.
- Light weight – Metal is one of the lightest roofing materials. Once installed, it will not put a lot of strain on a home’s structure.