Roofing Companies that Add A Superior Layer of Protection to Your Home
Aug 19, 2019
Quickly, in an internet search you will find an abundance of roofing companies throughout North Carolina. To sort through this medley, Xterior LLC is here to help. Serving the Triad, the Triangle, the Wilmington coastal area and beyond, we offer quality service and installation. Below, our guide will assist you in making the best choice. In fact, we hope you choose us in the first place! After all, we love what we do and our service and work prove it.
Steps that Roofing Companies Should TakeWhile not all roofing companies offer the same process, there are several general steps that a quality contractor provides. To simplify it a bit, we’ve broken them down into five easy steps.
- Foremost, an on-site visit is imperative. If any company offers you a quote over the phone without visiting your home, that is unusual. Perhaps, it is also a red flag. Not only do we always schedule a visit, this service is FREE! During this consultation, we review the technicalities of the installation and your hopes and needs.
- Speaking of needs, your contractor should take the time to review what you envision for your roof. Surprisingly, the options may be broader than you first imagine. For instance, asphalt shingles now come in multiple shapes and colors. Likewise, metal roofing also comes in multiple palettes and textures. At Xterior LLC, we work with companies that also have years of experience providing a variety of quality products. Notably, Xterior LLC is an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor.
- Most importantly, every quality business should provide written documentation before ANY work begins. Never, should you allow anyone to start any service without a signed contract detailing the work and cost. Similarly, never pay a company until both parties sign this document.
- Within this same thought, proper insurance is imperative. Xterior LLC carries liability insurance that protects your home. If any business does not readily offer proof of insurance, ask for it. If they won’t provide it, call us.
- Finally, installation begins. As this occurs, your contractor should visit regularly to ensure they meet your needs as expected. Once work is complete, your contractor should offer manufacturers’ limited lifetime warranties.
Why Experience MattersWhen you select a roofing company for quality installation, the years of experience that a business has matters. Obviously, the primary reason for this is ensuring the best protection for your home. Unfortunately, inexperience may lead to mistakes. At Xterior, our more than 45 years of combined experience in the home improvements business and satisfied customers tells the story. Every roofer must be educated on the latest techniques and materials. Keeping current with the available options ensures that their clients receive the best possible protection for their homes. A roofer must be able to respond to a common query. When customers consider roofing installation, a common question arises. They wonder if is okay to install a metal roof over shingles. Technically, the answer is yes. However, it’s a shortcut that is often costly in the long run. In fact, it’s not a shortcut that Xterior LLC is willing to take. Because years of moisture may trap between the layers of an old asphalt and new metal roof, causing problems in the future. Primarily, our goal is to do the job right the first time. If your current roof is damaged underneath the shingles, the rot or mold could cause major structural damage to your home if it isn’t removed. Covering it up can create a costly issue later on. Furthermore, our years in the business save you money. Ultimately, our relationships with vendors mean we get supplies at reasonable rates that we pass along to our customers. Additionally, we proudly offer discounts to military families, seniors, teachers and first responders. Plus, our connections with lenders result in fabulous financing options for qualified homeowners. Just a few include:
- 100% Financing
- Interest rates as low as 0%