What To Know Before Hiring Greensboro Roofers
Feb 28, 2021
When you need a new roof, the sheer amount of information out there can be overwhelming. Our Greensboro roofers can also answer all your questions to make sure you get a great deal on a high-quality roof. Here’s what you need to know before hiring a roofing contractor for your roof project.
Types of RoofingFirst, you’ll need to figure out what type of roof you want. Each local roofing company offers different options. Some roofers only use one type of roofing material, and they may even have very limited color and style options. Here at Xterior LLC, we offer both metal roofing and asphalt shingle roofing. There are pros and cons to each type of roofing material. Before you choose one or the other, let our team go over the differences so you can pick the right one for you. The Xterior team has over 45 years of combined exterior home improvement experience. Here’s what set our asphalt roofs apart:
- Self-Sealing Ice & Water Barrier and Synthetic Underlayment: Before we lay a single shingle, we use barriers to protect your home and roof from water damage.
- Starter Shingles: This protective first row prevents wind damage to help your roof last longer.
- Intake and Exhaust Vents: By installing vents, we allow your roof to breathe. This reduces water and ice build-up and keeps air flowing through your attic.
- Larger Screw Heads: This helps avoid wind damage, even in the case of extreme winds.
- Silicone Gaskets: These do not dry out and crack like rubber gaskets, which helps prevent water damage.
- Roofing Closure Strips: Some contractor teams do not use these strips. Our breathable foam closure strips help to prevent roof damage due to pests, moisture, and wind.
Paying for Your New RoofWhether you choose asphalt or metal, we offer a complete price quote for free before you commit to working with our team. You won’t get a surprise bill at the end of your project. The price you see on your quote is the price you’ll pay. In some cases, your homeowners insurance may cover the cost of your new roof. This is true if your current roof has damage due to a storm, fire, or other natural disaster (and if that type of damage is covered in your policy). However, working with your insurance company can be stressful. They’ll look for any excuse to deny your claim. Let us get on the phone! We speak their language and can get your claim through quickly. Typically, homeowners insurance does not cover a new roof if you need one due to normal wear and tear. If this is the case for you, we might be able to help. We offer special financing to qualified homeowners to pay for your roof replacement. This financing can also be applied to other home improvement services we provide, such as vinyl siding and decks.
FAQs About Getting a New RoofWe’re happy to answer any questions you have about your new roof. To get you started, here are some of the most commonly asked questions from our clients:
How long will it take to get a new roof?
Which roofing system is best?
Do I need to remove my old roof first?